Useful WordPress Plugins – Part 3
For the final part of the Useful WordPress plugins series, we have focused on some slightly advanced plugins and also added a couple of other Security plugins which would help add additional security to any WordPress site. Enjoy !!
PHP code cannot be executed by default in WordPress posts and pages.
Insert Php is a WordPress plugin to run PHP code inserted into WordPress posts and pages. After installation, simply wrap your php queries inside the shortcode.
This plug-in works like a normal text widget except that it allows execution of PHP Code. You can create up to 9 instances of this widget.
The PHP code should be written in between special tags
("[insert_php]" instead of "<?php" and "[/insert_php]" instead of "?>").
echo "Hello world!";
You end up with the following code:
echo "Hello world!";
- Publish local time.
- Insert output of another PHP script, or just to run a PHP script whether or not it generates output.
- Insert content generated by other software.
- An easy-to-use and light-weight plugin which allows direct embedding of PHP codes
- Insert PHP takes very little plugin space in the WordPress software.
- No need to worry about the plugin itself slowing down your page loads. The actual PHP code for the plugin is less than 30 lines.
2.All in one Wp security & firewall
All In One WordPress Security and Firewall is a comprehensive and a very user-friendly security plugin that will take your WordPress site’s security to an extreme new level.
- This plugin is easy to use and understand.
- It reduces the security risk by checking for vulnerabilities, and by implementing and enforcing the current WordPress security practices and techniques.
- Provides User Accounts Security, User Login Security, Brute force login attack prevention, Database Security, Comment SPAM Security and File System Security
- It has blacklist and firewall functionalities.
- WP Security plugin can be translated to many languages such as, English, German, Spanish, French,
Hungarian, Italian,Swedish, Russian etc.
- The security and firewall features are categorized as “Basic”, “Intermediate” or “Advanced”. As soon as you activate the plugin, these features lets you to safely enable a group of security features without breaking the functionality of your website.
WordPress Social Login is an open-source plugin, which allows your website users to register using their existing social accounts IDs, eliminating the need to fill out registration forms and remember the usernames and passwords.
This plugin simplifies the login process for end users, engaging your website visitors and customers on a social level. It also allows you to import users contact list from Gmail, Facebook, Windows Live and LinkedIn.
WordPress Social Login gives you absolute control over users access to your website. It helps to increase site registrations and generates referral traffic to your site by allowing users to easily register and login via an existing social network or email ID.
- Free, unlimited and white-label
- Wide variety of providers
- Built on top of an open source library
- Easy to customize and integrate
Using this plugin, registration process is made easier by enabling visitors to log in using their social media services such as Facebook, Twitter and Google+.
It supports the most popular social media networks such as Facebook, Google, Yahoo, Twitter, Windows Live, MySpace, Foursquare, LinkedIn, Gowalla, Last.fm, Goodreads, Instagram, 500px, Steam, Tumblr and AOL.
4.WP Course Manager
WP Course Manager is an innovative learning management system plugin which will turn any WordPress website into an online course delivery platform, while giving you the ability to get all your courses, lecturers and dates on your website or blog.
This plugin also allows you to record profiles of lecturers, manage courses and organize important dates.
It allows you to manage the following details of Lecturers, Courses and Schedule:
- Lecturers – Name, biography, picture and homepage url
- Courses – Name, description, lecturers
- Schedule – Course, date, place, url to page/file with more information.
This plugin has very basic styling with CSS, depending on the current theme to style things like typography, margins, padding and many more.
The plugin style is based on the responsive design, which is suitable for the users who connect through smartphones, iPads and it is tested with the default 2013 theme.
The Sucuri Security plugin is a security suite for website security integrity monitoring, malware detection and security hardening.
Sucuri WordPress plugin makes sure that the integrity of all core files are unharmed. So, if there is an infected file among the mix, it will alert you right away.
Often hackers try to hide the malware inside your wp-config.php file, which is a core file and this plugin perfectly checks all of these.
Sucuri gives you the proficiency to improvise your website’s security by hardening your WordPress install.
It lets you to configure email alerts, twitter alerts, IM alerts, SMS alerts, and RSS alerts.
Sucuri sitecheck scanner scans your website or blog to assure that it is free from malware, suspicious redirects, iframes, link injections etc.
It is one of the best and most cost effective security service in the WordPress industry.
Sucuri offers the following security features,
- Security Activity Auditing
- File Integrity Monitoring
- Remote Malware Scanning
- Blacklist Monitoring
- Effective Security Hardening
- Post-Hack Security Actions
- Security Notifications
- Website Firewall (add on)