Useful WordPress plugins – Part 1
WordPress, as we know is one of the most used Content Management Systems used by millions of sites across the world. After successfully delivering more than a few dozen sites in WordPress in the past year or so, we felt compelled enough to share our knowledge on some of the most useful plugins available in the market for WordPress. As always, we encourage any kind of feedback from our readers to make this an even more useful post.
W3 Total Cache
Loading time of a website plays a major part in visitor experience as well as search engine rankings. W3 Total Cache plugin helps you to optimize the speed and performance of your WordPress site. This plugin helps to improve the user experience of your website by,
- Increasing the server performance
- Reducing the time for download
- Providing transparent content delivery network (CDN) integration
- Browser caching using cache-control, future expire headers and entity tags with “cache-busting”
- Compatible with shared hosting, virtual private / dedicated servers and dedicated servers / clusters
- Transparent content delivery network (CDN) management with Media Library, theme files and WordPress.
- Caching of pages and posts in memory or on disk or on CDN
- Caching of feeds, search results pages and database objects in memory or on disk or on CDN.
- Import post attachments directly into the Media Library
WordPress SEO by Yoast
WordPress SEO is the industry standard for SEO plugins and it is the perfect website optimization package. It is a must have WordPress plugin for WordPress websites.
This SEO plugin includes everything from a snippet preview to page analysis, which helps you in optimizing the content of your pages, images titles, meta descriptions and XML sitemaps.
Using this plugin, you can test the important areas of your content for the usage of the focus keyword, so you can exactly optimize your page for the terms you need.
The installation and setup process of this plugin is very easy, and that’s why this plugin is used on most WorPress sites.
- Post title and meta description meta box to change these on a per post basis.
- Taxonomy (tag, category & custom taxonomy) title and meta description support.
- Google search result snippet previews.
- Control indexing of your blog
- It has loads of optimization options.
- It lets you to add open graph metadata, do page analysis, publish XML sitemap, and much more.
- RSS footer / header configuration.
- Permalink clean ups, while still allowing for Google Custom Search.
- Focus keyword testing, easily add noodp, noydir meta tags.
- Meta Robots configuration
- Meta control for Taxonomies, author page
- Supports Facebook Open Graph
- Helps in Generating Sitemaps
- Breadcrumbs support, with configurable breadcrumbs titles
Contact Form 7
Contact Form 7 is a free, simple, flexible and one of the best contact form plugin for WordPress. This plugin lets you to develop all kind of forms from simple contact form to a fully organized survey.
This plugin can handle multiple contact forms as well and it supports AJAX submitting, CAPTCHA, Akismet spam filtering and file uploading. Using CSS, contact form 7 can be styled easily into your WordPress theme.
- Simple and easy to use
- Complete customizability to support the needs of a website
- Simple “behind the scenes” interface and options for quick tweaking
- Useful help documents to answer the questions
- Incoming emails which are easy to read
MailChimp is a popular plugin which aids you to add subscribers to your MailChimp lists using various methods. Using this plugin you can develop good looking opt-in forms or integrate with any other form on your website.
It is easy to design and share email campaigns, manage your subscribers lists, and track results through this plugin. You can even retrieve the lists that you have already created under your MailChimp account using MailChimp API key.
- MailChimp plugin lets you to connect with your MailChimp account in just 1 click.
- It has user friendly & mobile optimized sign-up forms and gives you complete control over the form fields.
- You can display sign-up forms in your pages using the form shortcode, or in your sidebar or footer using the MailChimp widget.
- All fields and messages are customizable so you can translate them into your preferred language.
- Built-in integration with Contact Form 7, WooCommerce and many other plugins.
It is a developer friendly plugin and you have full control over the form HTML and there are many available actions and filter hooks.
Revolution slider is an innovative, responsive WordPress Slider Plugin which displays your content in a beautiful way. It has acquired huge popularity in the WordPress community due to it’s wide range of features and ease of use.
- Responsive Layouts
- It is extremely flexible and totally customizable
- Powerful Visual Editor which supports drag & drop visual slider building
- Media/Social Feed Support
- Optimized Performance
- Fully responsive solution which renders uniformly on desktops, laptops,
- tablets and mobile phones